Monday, October 22, 2012

B is for brains

I started a new zombie head sculpture last week. I've been using WED clay a lot lately and I have to say, unless I become rich and can afford buying a whole lot of Chavant, I think I'm going to stick with this stuff.   It may be relatively high maintenance trying to keep it from drying out, but you can sculpt pretty fast with it. Besides, I really like it's tactile quality; it's much different than working with oil based modeling clays.  I've tried using Van Aken and I found it to be super messy and I overall don't like sculpting with it as much.  Here are a few sketches I did before getting started on the sculpture.


Here are a few pictures of the work in progress.  I'd say it will probably be ready to be molded by early afternoon tomorrow.   







  

No comments:

Post a Comment